John T. Shockley is licensed to practice in North Dakota and Minnesota. He emphasizes the areas of municipal law, municipal bond law, land use law, and municipal litigation. He is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
John grew up on a farm near Doran, Minnesota and graduated from Campbell-Tintah High School. He attended the University of North Dakota and graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in political science and minoring in history. In 2002, John and his wife, Kirsten, moved to New Orleans, Louisiana, where he attended Tulane Law School and graduated in 2005.
On June 25th, 2021, John was recognized in a Fargo Forum editorial for his work on the flood diversion project:
Municipal Law | Public Finance & Bonding
- Undergraduate: University of North Dakota, with distinction – Political Science, minor in History
- Law School: Tulane Law School
- Licensed to practice in North Dakota and Minnesota
As an attorney, John actively participates in the following organizations:
- Clay, Clay County Bar Association
- North Dakota, Minnesota State Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers