Attorney Keven Jay Kercher concentrates his practice on providing effective, in depth, and relational legal advice to his clients in the areas of Estate Planning, Estate Administration/Probate, Real Estate, Business Law, and Elder Law. Building a lasting, life-long relationship with his clients and their families is one of Keven’s goals. Keven applies a collaborative team approach with other attorneys and staff in the office and proactively works with other area professionals to develop the most effective strategies and solutions for his clients’ legal needs. Some of his legal services include Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, nursing home planning, charitable planning, conservatorships, guardianships, probate, estate litigation, real property sales, deeds, business formation, business operations, business succession, and succession of the family farm. Having grown up a few blocks from the office, Keven has a deep loyalty to the community. He enjoys exploring the outdoors and spending time with his wife Sara and his two daughters Brianna and Megan.
Estate Planning, Probate & Trust | Real Estate Law | Business Law
- Undergraduate: West Point United States Military Academy -Environmental Science
- Graduate: University of Missouri-Rolla – Engineering Management
- Law School: Juris Doctor, University of North Dakota School of Law
- L.L.M. in Military Law, The Army’s Judge Advocate General School in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Licensed to practice in North Dakota and Minnesota
Keven has achieved the following honors and distinctions:
- Retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the U.S. Army
- Deployed to Iraq in 2007-2008 with the 1st Infantry Division as a military lawyer
- Twenty-year career serving as a combat engineer and military lawyer in the Army
- Has provided legal services to thousands of clients in multiple jurisdictions during his over fifteen years as an attorney
As an attorney, professional, and military veteran, Keven actively participates in the following organizations:
- Member of the Red River Valley Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Cass County Bar Association
- Member of the North Dakota and Minnesota Bar Associations
- Member of the West Fargo Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Member of the Military Officer’s Association of America
Keven frequently provides legal seminars and written materials to area organizations on trusts and estates, including serving as a featured speaker for the National Business Institute on several occasions.
Keven also enjoys volunteering in the community and participating in community organizations. He serves on several church committees and his church’s council.