During this difficult time, Ohnstad Twichell remains committed to its core values: Integrity, Respect, Community, Excellence, and Team Oriented. Using those values to guide us in keeping our clients, employees and our community safe and healthy, we continue to monitor the COVID-19 issue and follow all government and healthcare recommendations. While continuing to meet client needs and ensure the health of our employees, we have implemented the following steps to provide a safe environment for everyone:
- We offer teleconferencing and alternate means of communication to clients to minimize traffic in the office and provide service to clients who do not wish to travel outside their home. Any in-person client meetings will take place in a space that has been recently sanitized, and allows the appropriate and recommended distance from one another. Employees have been instructed to avoid handshakes and utilize social distancing recommendations.
- We have implemented regular, scheduled sanitizing of our offices, focusing on frequent touchpoints, and advised all employees to follow the Center for Disease Control (DCD) recommended protocols for handwashing, physical contact, etc.
- We have devised a business continuity plan, working with our IT vendor to ensure our ability to provide legal services if we are required to work outside our physical space. This includes secure technology and access to resources, which will provide uninterrupted service to our clients.
- We are asking all employees who have used public transportation outside of the Fargo area, who have traveled to COVID-19 hotspots, who feel ill, or have been in contact with anyone exposed to the COVID-19 virus to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days, offering possible remote work options for those that are able.
- We are providing flexible schedules to employees who have been affected by school and daycare closings, and offer possible remote work options to those employees who are considered high-risk adults.
As the situation changes and develops, we will monitor and adapt our business practices as needed. Our commitment is to our clients, employees, and community, and our desire is to do our part in lessening the effects and flattening the curve of COVID-19. If you have questions or need any additional information, please contact us at 701-282-3249. Thank you and stay well.